Canvas Category Software : Operational Technology : Connected Worker
Augmentir is the world’s only Smart Connected Worker Suite. Augmentir is being used by manufacturing and service companies to empower their frontline workers to perform at their best and deliver improvements in safety, quality, and productivity consistently, year-over-year.
🧼 Colgate-Palmolive: Successfully Scaling Technology Worldwide
Colgate-Palmolive’s secret to successfully scaling manufacturing technologies is simple. Don’t have any secrets. Almost a dozen technology pilots currently run on the Colgate side of the company with the results shared freely to anyone in Pruitt’s community of practice. When everyone knows what everyone else is doing, with no secrets about which pilots take place and their results, it’s easy to get plant managers excited and lined up to scale the technologies.
Centrally led discoveries include the Augury predictive maintenance system. Pruitt and his colleague Gary Binstock discovered Augury at the American Manufacturing Summit in Chicago. The wireless predictive maintenance system uses IoT sensors to monitor machine vibration and detect mechanical problems by comparing that information to a database of vibration data gathered from identical machines at other locations.
Or take, for another example, Colgate-Palmolive’s digital twin system, developed in partnership with the software company Twin Thread. Colgate-Palmolive wanted a system that would automatically adjust production parameters based on quality assessment data. After an 18-month development process, Colgate-Palmolive piloted the IIoT-based digital twin at a Hills Pet Nutrition plant in India.
When Pruitt and his team rolled out in North America the Augmentir system that digitizes standard operating procedures (SOPs), work instructions and checklists for operators to review on mobile devices, engineers from plants in India and Vietnam saw the successful deployments in North America and scaled Augmentir to their own plants.
Augmentir Announces New Round of Funding and Organizational Growth
Augmentir is known for its one-of-a-kind, industry-leading connected worker technology, that harnesses the power of AI to digitize and optimize frontline work based on worker capability and task complexity. This technology adds precision to workforce development by helping manufacturers identify opportunities to improve training and optimize upskilling and reskilling programs. In February, Augmentir announced that it expanded its AI platform to incorporate Generative AI and other foundational technologies underpinning ChatGPT. This addition represents another step forward in the company’s AI-first journey, and unlocks even greater potential for manufacturers looking to improve support for their frontline workforce.
The new financing round, led by Gardner Lewis Asset Management, includes participation from Lerer Hippeau, Pritzker Group Venture Capital, and the Company’s founding team. The investment will be used to expand Augmentir’s global sales and marketing efforts while accelerating product development and innovation.
Sixth Sense selects its second cohort
For its second challenge, Sixth Sense invited companies working within two areas. First was Visualisation and Digital Reality. This means creating a real object’s digital representation to improve productivity, test automated processes, simulate outcomes and improve planning. The second area was Intelligence and Automation. Specifically, Sixth Sense welcomed start-ups working on adaptable automation or hyper-automation, which has intelligence behind it. Using AI and machine learning, it can adapt to the changes in the process without prompting.
The selected companies were:
- CASTOR: Our audience selection enables optimised manufacturing and increased profitability by using industrial 3D printing. The company solves the challenge of identifying where, when, and how it is beneficial to use 3D printing by automatically analysing each part within an existing product design.
- Threedy: With its instant3Dhub, Threedy offers a unique infrastructure component that allows companies to meet the constantly growing demand for highly available 3D data in responsive and interactive applications.
- Oculavis: The start-up offers the software as a service solution, ‘oculavis SHARE’, used for augmented reality video customer support. It claims to reduce mean time to repair by up to 50%; annual field service costs by up to 20%, and CO2 emissions due to less travel.
- 3YOURMIND: 3YOURMIND is an on-demand manufacturing software that empowers companies to identify and produce parts when needed. With 3YOURMIND’s help, OEMs operating companies and contract manufacturers can create digital inventories of qualified parts to reduce costs, shorten production lead times, and secure more efficient and agile operations.
- GelSight: The company is a pioneer in digital, imaging-based tactile intelligence. The proprietary technology invented at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology provides exceptionally detailed and rapid surface characterisation, enabling several surface measurement applications and robotic sensing capabilities.
- Augmentir: Augmentir’s Smart Connected Worker Solution is a complete suite of AI-powered connected worker tools. It helps industrial companies digitally transform frontline work to achieve production goals in today’s era of workforce disruption.
- Teratonics: Teratonics aims to help the manufacturing industry cut costs and optimise manufacturing processes by reducing the use of raw materials, energy and time. The company does contactless measurement and defect detection solutions and services for the industry 4.0 inside plastics, composites, assemblies and coatings.
- JITbase: The start-up’s product helps CNC operators manage more machines simultaneously with maximum efficiency, thanks to a dynamic scheduling system fed by live machine data. JITbase helps to address the shortage of specialised employees by allowing CNC machinists to handle more machines and improves production margins by reducing downtimes and increasing machine utilisation.
Augmentir Raises $7.5M in Oversubscribed Series A to Advance AI-based Performance Support for the Industrial Workforce
Augmentir, Inc., the world’s only artificial intelligence-based connected worker software provider, today announced that it has secured $7.5 million in Series A financing. This new funding will enable Augmentir to grow its team and to expand its leadership position in delivering performance support for industrial frontline workers. The Series A was led by Gardner Lewis Asset Management along with other key investors Lerer Hippeau, Pritzker Group Venture Capital, and HOLT Ventures.
The company will use funds to expand its leadership position in AI-based performance optimization and workforce development for the industrial frontline workforce.