Sixth Sense selects its second cohort
For its second challenge, Sixth Sense invited companies working within two areas. First was Visualisation and Digital Reality. This means creating a real object’s digital representation to improve productivity, test automated processes, simulate outcomes and improve planning. The second area was Intelligence and Automation. Specifically, Sixth Sense welcomed start-ups working on adaptable automation or hyper-automation, which has intelligence behind it. Using AI and machine learning, it can adapt to the changes in the process without prompting.
The selected companies were:
- CASTOR: Our audience selection enables optimised manufacturing and increased profitability by using industrial 3D printing. The company solves the challenge of identifying where, when, and how it is beneficial to use 3D printing by automatically analysing each part within an existing product design.
- Threedy: With its instant3Dhub, Threedy offers a unique infrastructure component that allows companies to meet the constantly growing demand for highly available 3D data in responsive and interactive applications.
- Oculavis: The start-up offers the software as a service solution, ‘oculavis SHARE’, used for augmented reality video customer support. It claims to reduce mean time to repair by up to 50%; annual field service costs by up to 20%, and CO2 emissions due to less travel.
- 3YOURMIND: 3YOURMIND is an on-demand manufacturing software that empowers companies to identify and produce parts when needed. With 3YOURMIND’s help, OEMs operating companies and contract manufacturers can create digital inventories of qualified parts to reduce costs, shorten production lead times, and secure more efficient and agile operations.
- GelSight: The company is a pioneer in digital, imaging-based tactile intelligence. The proprietary technology invented at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology provides exceptionally detailed and rapid surface characterisation, enabling several surface measurement applications and robotic sensing capabilities.
- Augmentir: Augmentir’s Smart Connected Worker Solution is a complete suite of AI-powered connected worker tools. It helps industrial companies digitally transform frontline work to achieve production goals in today’s era of workforce disruption.
- Teratonics: Teratonics aims to help the manufacturing industry cut costs and optimise manufacturing processes by reducing the use of raw materials, energy and time. The company does contactless measurement and defect detection solutions and services for the industry 4.0 inside plastics, composites, assemblies and coatings.
- JITbase: The start-up’s product helps CNC operators manage more machines simultaneously with maximum efficiency, thanks to a dynamic scheduling system fed by live machine data. JITbase helps to address the shortage of specialised employees by allowing CNC machinists to handle more machines and improves production margins by reducing downtimes and increasing machine utilisation.